Frequently Asked Questions
We want to help you get ready for Rootwire!!
In order to make sure your weekend is nothing short of fantastic, we created this page to get you all the pertinent info you might need to be fully prepared for your adventure!
Q. Where can I get Rootwire 2K17 tickets?
A. Right here! Just click the word Ticket to get started!
ALL Tickets Sales are Final. No-Refunds. No-Exchanges.
If you are no longer able to attend the event after purchasing a pass, your best option is to try and sell it to a friend or on StubHub.com or another similar ticketing resale site at face value. We will NOT be able to help in any way.
Also, note: Rootwire does not have VIP tickets! All attendees have all access everywhere (except backstage)!
Q. When can we arrive, and can we leave and return?
A. Gates will open at noon on Thursday, July 20, 2017.
There will be no fee charged for leaving and returning to the festival; however, we strongly discourage doing so, and a pass that must be acquired at the gate will be required for re-entry, wrist bands will be checked upon return, you will have to wait in line if there is one, and your car will be searched again upon entry. If you decide to leave without a pass (unless it is deemed an emergency by our Front Gate Coordinator), your wristbands will become invalid, and you will need to purchase another one before you are allowed back in.
Q. Will tickets sell out? Should I hurry?
A. We certainly hope so! Get your tickets as soon as possible!
The event venue, Wisteria Campground, where Rootwire 2K17 will be held can accommodate 6,000-8,000 attendees, but, to keep the festival comfortably spacious and socially intimate, ticket sales will be cut off when they reach 5,000.
Q. This is a multi-day festival. What is the camping situation? Can we camp by our car?
A. There is primitive wooded/shaded camping available (without vehicles), as well as Camp By Car field camping
(for a $20/car fee)!
Q. Is this a family-friendly festival?
A. Absolutely! We provide a dedicated Kid Zone with a variety of activities for our youngest Rootwire family members!
Q. Will there be water on site?
A. Yes! There will be FREE on-site potable water!
Q. Will alcohol be sold on site? Can we bring our own?
A. There will be beer sales on site in the Vending and Staging areas. You may bring your own legal beverages to be kept in the Campground area only! No outside alcohol allowed on Festival grounds. All glass is strictly prohibited!
Q. Rootwire is set in a rural area. Will there be ATM access?
A. Yes! We plan to have an ATM Machine on-site.
Q. I keep reading about all the Workshops and Healing Tent. Are these activities and services really free?
We feel that these services are important to the overall transformational experience Rootwire provides. All of these services are included in the price of your ticket.
What to Bring ...
An open mind and an open heart ready to consciously Love and Be Loved!
• A GREEN sensibility – Keep the grounds clean; respect the natural environment and wildlife.
• NON DISPOSABLE, RE-USABLE DISHWARE – We are washing dishes again this year to cut down on waste! Help us GREEN the festival even more by bringing your own dishes, forks, spoons, knives, cups, etc.!
• Recycling and Trash bags – LEAVE NO TRACE!! PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT!!
• ART SUPPLIES AND INSTRUMENTS –
You WILL BE inspired, so be prepared!
• A tent, hammock, or other place to rest!
• A RE-USABLE WATER BOTTLE –
There will be FREE potable water on-site
• A flashlight/headlamp
• Extra snacks – There will be plenty of food available for purchase on site, but snacks are always helpful.
• Rain gear and extra socks and shoes
• Non toxic, earth-friendly Sunscreen – It's summertime, people, and we need to protect our skin!
• Towels (in case it rains)!!
• A pad and pencil for notes and ideas!
• A camera for memories
• Again - ART SUPPLIES AND INSTRUMENTS – you WILL BE inspired, so be prepared!
• A plan on how you will be getting home ...
What NOT to Bring ...
As you drive into the festival we will briefly search your vehicle for the following items... If any of the following are discovered they will be confiscated IMMEDIATELY and will NOT be returned to you.
• NO Illegal or Controlled Substances, firearms or weapons.
• NO Flammable fluids (unless you are performing and have it cleared in advance with Rootwire administration.)
• NO Nitrous – ZERO TOLERANCE – It will be confiscated and you will be asked to leave with NO refunds.
• NO Glass Whatsoever! – This is a barefoot-friendly environment, please replace any glass containers with plastic ones before entering.
• NO OUTSIDE FIREWOOD – Bringing in outside firewood endangers the Ash trees at Wisteria!
• NO Drama – Leave your worries at the gate, friends. Bad vibes and fights will NOT be tolerated and will result in your expulsion from the event with NO refunds!
• Pets – No pets are permitted at Wisteria. We are sorry for the inconvenience! If you have a service animal, it must remain with you at all times. Service animals will require all associated forms of certification.